Company details can be found here.
UpLoad Publishing Pty Ltd was established in 1994 by Jay Dale (Jayneen Sanders) and Mark Sanders.
UpLoad specialises in the commissioning and production of engaging pedagogically-sound educational resources and more recently had been involved in the production of trade titles. UpLoad provides a unique and powerful combination of creativity, teaching experience, publishing knowledge and technological know-how.
- project manage and package publications of any size or type (print or multimedia) to final files; this includes all aspects of production including sample design development, sourcing and briefing authors, editing, layout, illustration, scanning and printing
- create original engaging and pedagogically-sound content (print or multimedia)
- provide multi-media consulting (strategic and production)
- provide multi-media development and authoring
- commission and write books/texts for children and young adults
- provide short-order printing and file management.
Jay is an experienced primary school teacher, editor, author and publisher. She has worked in the publishing industry since 1985, both in-house and freelance. Jay began her publishing career as an editor working for Longman during the mid to late ‘80s. In 1989, she was employed by Macmillan as commissioning editor in the Primary division. Jay commissioned the very successful maths program Macmillan Maths, which subsequently was sold into the US and Canada.
Since establishing UpLoad in 1994, Jay has authored/packaged the language and mathematics Scrapbook series for Macmillan Education Australia. She was one of three authors who wrote the overall structure for Nelson Maths for Victoria, (shortlisted for Australian Publishing Association Primary Textbook Series 2004) Nelson Maths and Nelson Maths for Victoria VELS edition (winner of Australian Publishing Association Primary Textbook series 2008). Jay was one of three authors who created the Nelson Numeracy Assessment Kit (winner of Australian Publishing Association Primary Teaching and Learning Package 2005 and the joint overall winner of Australian Publishing Association Educational Title of the Year 2005).
Jay has written for the PM Plus series, and edited all the PM Plus Teachers’ Guides up to Level 24, and the Keys to the PMs. She also authored the electronic components of Nelson Maths for Victoria, Nelson Maths Nelson Numeracy Assessment Kit, the PM Benchmark Kits 1 and 2, and the Flying Colours Benchmark Kit.
Jay is an accomplished children’s book author, writing a number of titles for Nelson’s literacy series Flying Colours (which is published in the US by Harcourt Achieve). Jay has written beginner readers for Nelson’s series Photostories, which is an add-on to their very successful PM literacy series. She has also written a number of children’s chapter books for Oxford’s humorous fiction series ZigZags, Funtastic’s series Totally Kidz and a childrens’ picture book series for Penguin. In the past 18 months Jay has authored approximately 50 beginner readers for Engage Literacy as well as a significant number of other early years literacy resources. Approximately 3 years ago she authored Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept but it has only recently been published.
Mark is self-professed technology geek with a very strong background in multimedia, video and publishing.
Before returning to UpLoad full time in March 2007, Mark spent eight years with Pearson Education mostly as their New Media Producer. He supported the publishers directly with the development of their Books on CD, Companion Websites, Blackboard and CourseCompass Course Management Systems. Before this he acted as their DTP Systems Administrator and was responsible for all the technical aspects of Pearson’s print production efforts. Prior to that Mark spent ten years in video post-production and some years in film and video production.
Mark now brings all the above skills and experience to UpLoad and UpLoad’s clients.
UpLoad has recently (over the past 2 years) become focused on the conception and execution of a comprehensive early years literacy series called Engage Literacy for the newly created Hinkler Education. Jay is the joint series creator, managing editor and one of the two lead authors.
Projects commissioned/created and packaged since 1995:
- MacWrite (P/K to 6 handwriting program)
- P/K Scrapbook series
- Nelson Maths for Victoria and Nelson Maths (hard copy and CD-ROM)
- Nelson Numeracy Assessment Kit (hard copy and CD-ROM)
- Helping Kids at Home series
- ZigZag series
- Totally Kidz series
- My Pony Scrapbook, My Go-kart Scrapbook, My Footy Scrapbook and My Ballet Scrapbook
- Deadly and Incredible Animals series
- Engage Literacy comprehensive literacy program
- Cengage Learning Australia
- Macmillan Education Australia
- Funtastic Limited
- Pearson Education Australia
- Oxford University Press
- Penguin Australia Group
- Cambridge University Press
- John Wiley & Sons Australia, Ltd
- Hinkler Education